Exploring the effectiveness of sildenafil and other ED treatment options
Oral medicines are frequently used as the first-line therapy for erectile dysfunction. These drugs perform effectively and have minimal adverse effects for most men who have difficulties sustaining an erection hard enough for intercourse (erectile dysfunction).
Discussing Sildenafil Citrate (Viagra)
Sildenafil is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction (erectile dysfunction). Sildenafil is also used to treat pulmonary hypertension on occasion (high blood pressure in the blood vessels that supply the lungs).When you feel sexually stimulated, sildenafil momentarily increases blood flow to your penis, which helps with erection difficulties.
It works by relaxing blood vessels in the chest to treat pulmonary hypertension. Sildenafil is also known by the brand names Viagra, Aronix, Liberize, and Nipatra when purchased for erectile dysfunction. Sildenafil citrate for pulmonary hypertension is also marketed under the trade names Revatio and Grandipam.
- Sildenafil normally takes 30 to 60 minutes to work for erectile dysfunction. You can wait up to four hours before having sex
- Sildenafil alone will not result in an erection. For it to function, you must be sexually stimulated
- Headaches, nausea, indigestion, and dizziness are the most prevalent adverse effects. Many people experience no or just minor side effects
- If you also take nitrates, using sildenafil might be harmful (often given for chest pain). The combination might result in a severe reduction in blood pressure. If you're not sure if you're taking nitrate, see your doctor or chemist
- If you are using sildenafil citrate (Revatio) for pulmonary hypertension, avoid drinking grapefruit juice. It has an impact on how the drug works
Dosage and strength for erectile dysfunction
When needed, the normal dose is 50 mg. Take it no more than once per day. Depending on the result, the dose can be raised to 100 mg or lowered to 25 mg. Take sildenafil up to 4 hours before having sex. You must be sexually stimulated for sildenafil to perform correctly. The typical adult dosage is 20 mg three times per day. Take no more than one dosage at a time. Never take a double dose to make up for a missed one.
If you frequently forget to take your medication, setting an alarm may help. You might also seek guidance from your pharmacist on various methods to help you remember to take your medication.
Excessive sildenafil usage might result in undesirable side effects. If you use too much sildenafil and are concerned about any of the following adverse effects, see your doctor:
- clogged nose
- dizzy indigestion clogged nose
ED treatment options:
Penile implants are devices that are implanted into the penis to help men with erectile dysfunction (ED) achieve an erection. Penile implants are usually advised when other ED therapies have failed.
Penile implants are classified into two types: semirigid and inflatable. Each type of penile implant operates differently and has different advantages and disadvantages. Penile implant installation necessitates surgery. Before deciding on penile implants, make sure you understand the procedure, including any risks, problems, and aftercare
What exactly are vacuum erection help devices or vacuum therapy?
Vacuum treatment is a non-invasive way of getting and maintaining an erection in males suffering from impotence (erectile dysfunction). An erection is achieved by producing a negative pressure with a manual or battery driven pump. To use this gadget, the penis is put into a cylinder with enough lubricant to form a seal at the base of the penis.
Hormone replacement therapy is advised when testosterone levels are low.
Psychotherapy is used to treat stress, sadness, and anxiety.
Always consult with your provider before doing any project.
- Give up smoking and drinking
- Reduce your weight
- Discuss your condition with your spouse
- Learn how to deal with stress