- Helps relieve itchiness and reduces swelling
- Topical corticosteroid used in treatment of various skin conditions
- Complete questionnaire with your symptoms
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Betamethasone is a topical corticosteroid, which works by reducing the release of cells that cause inflammation, resulting in the reduction of swelling, itching and redness. This can help to stop scratching, preventing further irritation.
Patient Information Leaflet (from EMC): https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/files/pil.929.pdf
Apply an even and thin layer of betamethasone to affected areas. Thoroughly wash your hands before and after applying betamethasone. Betamethasone should be used alongside your usual moisturiser for the best effects. Instructions from the doctor prescribing the betamethasone should be strictly adhered to.
How can I effectively manage my dermatits?
- Use of emollients - used daily to moisturise dry skin
- Use self-care techniques such as avoiding scratching and avoiding triggers
- Use of topical corticosteroids - used to reduce swelling, itching and redness during a flare up
Skin reactions may be a side effect of betamethasone.
Order Monday to Friday before 15:00pm to guarantee next day delivery